MIDDLETONS MONTHLY QUIZ !
Angus Middleton, Senior Vice-President of the RBWF has produced this quiz and has kindly donated the following prize.
The prize is a bottle of Isle of Arran Distillers Robert Burns World Federation Whisky. It will be dispatched by post from their Stirling premises.
1. What in Burns' opinion is "The hell o' a' diseases" ?
2. Who described "Ae Fond Kiss" as the "Essence of a thousand love tales" ?
3. Who was a "Gash an' faithfu tyke" ?
4. Who was the winner of the "Whistle" competition ?
5. Who was the "Chiel amang us takin notes" ?
6. In the poem “To a Louse”, “ but Miss’s fine Lunardi”, was mentioned. Who or what was “Lunardi” originally?
7. Who was “Bonie Ann”?
8. What did David Williamson do when he discovered Burns was dying?
9. Who was as deaf as Ailsa Craig?
10. Whose look was “like the morning’s eye.”
Please send your completed entry by Sunday 23 rd October to email@example.com